Photographs courtesy of Ian Forbes
ABOUT THE LIEUTENANCY OF PERTH AND KINROSS
Lord-Lieutenants were first appointed by King Henry Vlll to assume the military duties of the Sheriff.
Today, the Queen appoints Lord-Lieutenants, on the advice of the Prime Minister, to be her representative in their counties. Their duties are varied and include.
- Organise and escort all official Royal Visits to their counties;
- Present decorations when the recipient is unable to attend an
- Present the Queen’s Awards for Enterprise;
- Present the Queen’s Scout and Guide awards;
- Brief the Queen’s private office about issues relating to their counties;
- Assist in Royal Garden Parties;
- Assess nominations for The Queen’s Awards for Voluntary Service.
- Officiating (when requested) at Diamond Weddings, 100th Birthday Celebrations and Citizenship Ceremonies.