We are proud to be joining in the lighting of a series of Jubilee Beacons, which will spread across the whole of Perth and Kinross as part of a national network of beacons. We have seven beacons aross the region all of which will be lit at 9.45pm on Thursday 2nd June, and will last for approximately one hour.
- Perth: Norie Miller Walk, Perth
- Blairgowrie: The Wellmeadow
- Pitlochry: Church of Scotland, Church Road, Pitlochry
- Aberfeldy: Black Watch Memorial, Taybridge Drive, Aberfeldy
- Crieff: MacRosty Park, Comrie Road, Crieff
- Kinross: Kirkgate Park, Kinross
- Auchterarder: Primrose Park, Western Road, Auchterarder
Each event will follow the same ceremony and you are all invited to head along to your nearest beacon to enjoy this historical Platinum Jubilee firsthand.
- 9.35pm Piper will play Diu Regnare, the first of two tunes written especially for the event
- 9.40pm Bugler plays Her Majesty, the second of the tunes
- 9.45pm Beacon lit by Deputy Lieutenant
- 9.45pm Song for the Commonwealth
- 9.50pm End of Ceremony
Alternatively, if you wish to host your own private bonfire beacon party at home with family and friends, please go to https://www.queensjubileebeacons.com/ for full details.